Saturday, March 24, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (PB&O Cookies)

So I have been experimenting in the kitchen today. I wanted some peanut butter oatmeal (PB&O) cookies but vegan style. The end product was delish! I used the "Wheat-free Chocolate Chip Cookie" recipe from Veganomicon as a springboard for my own creation. Here is my recipe for PB&O cookies:


1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
1/4 cup coconut milk*
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup oat flour**
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey***
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla

*If you don't have coconut milk in your fridge, then any dairy free milk such as almond or soy should work just fine.
**I make my own oat flour. I dump an entire containter of old fashioned oats in my blender. I blend it together until it looks like flour. Then I dump my oat flour back into the original container. I store it in the fridge.
***If you are a hard core vegan, then use agave nectar :)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl, mix together ground flaxseeds and milk. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl,  sift together flours, baking soda, and salt.

Make a well in the large mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, sugar, honey, peanut butter, canola oil, and vanilla into the well. Mix everything together.

Drop the dough by the tablespoon onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You should be able to make about 18 cookies.

Bake for 10 minutes.

Remove cookies from the oven to cool for about 5-10 minutes before enjoying!






No comments:

Post a Comment